—EMDR + Focusing-oriented COACHING—
What happens when you combine emdr and Focusing-oriented techniques with coaching?
As a coach and consultant, I am able to use EMDR to enhance the effectiveness with my coaching clients. Coaches and consultants who use EMDR do so because the process is efficient and effective and the results endure. While standard coaching techniques can be effective for some, “thinking yourself into feeling better or just changing behaviors” often fails many hopeful coaching clients and never addresses the root of the problem. EMDR, when combined with specific coaching techniques has the benefit of stimulating the client’s own brain and nervous system to function at a much higher level. As a results-oriented solution, the power team of EMDR and coaching has proven to be extremely effective in treating even the most difficult problems in a short amount of time. The lasting changes produced by the EMDR process seem to “stick” for clients in a way that standard coaching does not.
KIMBERLY LEVERAGES HER INTELLECT, INSIGHT, WIT (SHE HAS A GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR) AND DIVERSE TRAINING TO MOVE HER CLIENTS TOWARDS LIVING BETTER LIVES. SHE IS ALSO AN EXPERIENCED PSYCHOTHERAPIST, WHICH I DIDN’T MIND, AND SHE WAS ABLE TO USE THOSE SKILLS TO HONE IN ON THE SOURCE OF MY INERTIA (WHICH TURNED OUT TO BE PSYCHOLOGICAL) AND BY USING PROVEN COACHING STRATEGIES, HELPED ME SHED THE EMOTIONAL BURDENS AND OBSTACLES, AS WELL AS CRIPPLING ANXIETY, THAT WAS INTERFERING WITH ATTAINING GOALS, FINDING MY LIFE PURPOSE AND SUSTAINING SUCCESSFUL RELATIONSHIPS. HER COACHING SESSIONS YIELDED AMAZING RESULTS FOR ME AND WE WERE ACTIVELY ABLE TO WORK TOGETHER IN THE PROCESS OF ADDRESSING SOME OF MY MORE TROUBLING PERSONALITY TRAITS. I HAD SOME LIMITING THOUGHTS AND BELIEFS THAT SHE HELPED ME OVERCOME. I CAN TELL THAT SHE ENJOYS HER WORK WHICH WAS REALLY INSPIRING FOR ME. SHE’S ALSO VERY INTUITIVE. KIM SEELBREDE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BY ME. SHE IS VERY PROFESSIONAL, WHIP SMART AND SHE WAS ABLE TO WORK BY SKYPE. MY WIFE THANKS HER AS WELL!
— CDL, Client, UK
COACHING COMBINED WITH SPECIFIC THERAPY TECHNIQUES MOTIVATES, INSPIRES AND SUPPORTS CLIENTS BY HELPING THEM:
- Observe and challenge the stories that perpetuate inertia
- Identify unhelpful patterns and habits that are obstacles to change
- Partialize concerns and problems into manageable pieces
- Move beyond and transform limiting self-concepts
- Face emotions like fear, that keep them paralyzed
- Learn to communicate honestly and directly
- Develop direction and clarity in various aspects of life
- Find innate strengths and build on them
- Uncover passions, become motivated and inspired
- Learn to dream and think "big"
- Explore creativity and practice balance in all areas of life
- Improve personal, professional and spiritual connections
- Design a life that is aligned with one's "true self "and core values
I WORK WITH CREATIVES, ENTREPRENEURS AND SUCCESSFUL PROFESSIONALS WHO ARE WORKING ON OR NEED DYNAMIC COACHING SUPPORT IN THESE AREAS:
- Change + Challenges - breakups, separation, divorce and other major life transitions
- Passion + Purpose - discovering what you really love
- Healing + Personal Empowerment - learning to communicate your needs and get what you want
- Self Love + Self Care - discovering your strengths and possibilities
- Happiness + Inner Peace- aligning yourself with your true nature
- Goals + Dreams - identifying and taking action
- Weight Loss + Health - undoing bad habits while creating new ones
- Creating Prosperity + Abundance - opening to the possibilities
- Love + Relationships - attracting the right relationships
—PEAK OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE COACHING—
PEAK PERFORMANCE COACHING + EMDR
I’M A COMPETITIVE ATHLETE, AND I ONLY KNOW COACHING. I DIDN’T REALLY HAVE TIME TO TALK ABOUT FEELINGS. I NEEDED TO GET RID OF “THE PROBLEM” FAST, AND GET BACK IN THE GAME. EMDR TREATMENT REDUCED MY ANXIETY AND MY NEWLY DEVELOPED FEARS ABOUT WINNING. EMDR AND COACHING TOOK ME TO A PLACE THAT I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO REMEMBER ON MY OWN, I MADE THE CONNECTION AND THE LINK WAS BROKEN. I GOT BACK IN THE GAME.
— TS, Professional Athlete
I provide Peak Performance Coaching combined with EMDR for clients who struggle with performance blocks and anxiety issues. EMDR therapy is an effective tool for test-taking anxiety as well as performance enhancement for athletes, musicians, executives, politicians, public speakers and performers of all types.
EMDR elegantly replaces terrifying and immobilizing fear with positive emotions, images and self-concepts. This process can change the way clients function on a daily basis, as well as in “performance situations” thus ending years of avoiding the spotlight and other performance-related situations.
HOW DOES COACHING COMBINED WITH EMDR WORK?
- EMDR desensitizes traumatic responses by targeting the fight/flight response that occurs deep in the brain providing a dramatic reduction in negative responses and programming which contributes to performance blocks and anxiety. Functioning improves in previously blocked areas, which paves the way for new opportunities and success. Negative fears and beliefs are replaced with a positive sense and "performing" with ease and comfort.
- If you think of the brain as a computer where experiences are "uploaded" one can imagine how "installing" or "pre-programming" positive outcomes for future situations and performances can greatly enhance creativity, confidence and success.
- When you feel "stuck" EMDR and coaching can help you gain access to stalled or blocked abilities, freeing your creative flow.
- When you don't have time to clear blocks or negative past experiences, using specific performance protocols, we can work intensively on upcoming presentations, performances and more to give you a sense of "I can do this" confidence.
- Between session coaching using techniques such as goal setting, visualization, mental rehearsal and breathing and relaxation techniques combined with EMDR.
MORE HELPFUL INFORMATION ABOUT COACHING WITH A THERAPIST...
"A coach must be able to recognize when he or she is being asked to 'step into the realm of therapy--or healing and uncovering--rather than the realm of discovering and creating.' It must be clear therapy is not being offered." Pat Williams, PhD Becoming a Professional Life Coach and Therapist as Life Coach, founder the Institute for Life Coach Training. As a fully trained and licensed New York State psychotherapist, I pay close attention to resistance and conflicts as well as important emotional and psychological problems such as anxiety disorders and depression among others, that will interfere with the coaching process. Trained mental health professionals are naturals to move proactive clients to a status they so desire, because they have the training to access both clinically and holistically. Mental health professionals can access history, trauma concerns, environmental, social, economic, spiritual, physical and ethnic influences that shape their clients. A mental health professional in the role of a coach is trained to pay attention to boundary issues because they understand the repercussions of crossing lines and adhere to strict ethical obligations. Furthermore, a mental health professional is less likely to do things that inadvertently interfere with people’s emotional vulnerabilities. Some individuals seem quite "together" and function well, but can easily unravel in the coaching process with harsh directives. Coaches who are also therapists can and do discern when coaching is not enough and when therapy may be more helpful. Perhaps in the future, coaches will be required to have specialized training in the assessment of depression, suicide, abuse, personality disorders and even grief-related issues in an effort to know when clients should be referred for therapy and not coached.